Friday, May 13, 2011

hhheeellllllooo? is anybody out there? [originally posted thursday 19 august 2010]

I packed up my laptop this morning planning to show a few friends some photos and how to maneuver around fb while at work; if only we could find 15 minutes here and there today. I love being able to teach this stuff, though I certainly don't pretend to know it all being self taught. Virgilicous is a long time friend and coworker who recently discovered fb. This is a woman who was given an iPod A LONG time ago and never programmed it. We often talked about it, but never did do anything with it, and I think she took it with her to the Philippines on her last trip to give as a gift. She has been asking me how she can upload photos on to the computer to use on fb and how you get them from your computer to fb. After a mildly busy morning we found the 15 minutes we needed. I hauled the laptop from my hidey hole in the break room and fired it up, and Virg and Jude pulled their chairs up close and made adjustments to both the chair and my laptop monitor before settling in. We looked at my Brookie and her friends doing the awesome journey called the 3-Day. We looked at my beautiful grands and then we got to work. I put in my sd card to show how to get the photos from camera to computer. I then tackled getting them to fb. Virg and Jude watched with avid interest, leaning forward from their chairs to see how this all worked. I ran through it quick and then carefully took them through it one more time, with me actually using a photo from the card, moving it to the computer and then uploading it to fb. Then they inquired how you made the photo, moved from the card to the computer to fb as your profile photo. I took the random photo, pulled it from my 'tester' album and choose it as my profile photo. I showed them to crop and save and viola! You now have a beautiful photo as your own profile photo. The intercom announcement disrupted our teaching/learning session as our surgeon had arrived and we had a case to do. I shut down the computer, packed it away in my bag and restashed it in my hidey hole in the break room. Only when I arrived home this evening, did I realize that the random photo I cropped quickly to give example was still my profile photo! Thanks for noticing and TELLING ME! I wonder...would you tell me if I had a booger? Broccoli in my teeth? Something on my pants in the cooter region??? Thanks friends...I know your agenda now!




No comments:

Post a Comment