Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So I thought this would be easy. I have over 160 friends on Facebook, certainly I could count on my friends to support my pursuit of photography? Apparently not...only a handful have done so thus far. I have begged, cajoled, threatened with shame all to no good end. I have done everything in my power except maybe call Local 4 and get on the 11 o clock news. How important is my cause? Well important to me, but not important enough for the evening news, and it becomes more apparent as the deadline for voting nears, that I am alone in my pursuit for the prize! The prize isn't a lot of money or even a shot at the 15 minutes of fame some people desire, but rather more a love of my grand baby and a chance not otherwise available to me...to have an awesome photographer take photos of all my grand babies!

My niece Brooke came by today. She was rushing about today...delivering the tickets everyone purchased for her fund raiser. A more noble cause than mine...she is raising money for her team that are walking in the '3-day for the Cure' the breast cancer awareness/fund raising walk in August. Brooke thought like her Auntie...she would approach her Facebook family and see if she could have each friend donate just $5.00 toward a very worthy cause. Brooke knows how breast cancer affects someone...first hand. 40 people 'UNFRIENDED' her after posting her request three time over a one week period.

When I was new to FB, it found it very cool. You could keep up with people you might not otherwise be able to...with work, families and leisure activities filling our busy lives. It was fun to know who was going where and doing what and to see their families grow...many of my friends from school are now grandparents like me. And then came my entry into a photo contest and Brooke's attempt at raising money for a worthy cause and you realize who really does pay attention to you, and where your family is going and how it is growing. Like the scouts and pta and sunday schools...it is the same handful of people that really pay attention and rise to help with the cause. So if you read this and feel compelled to help me or Brooke out follow the links here and vote for my beautiful grand daughter Maddie Lynn or donate to Brooke's 3-day for the Cure.

And a big PS to my friends who have shown me support by voting...70 strong so far....only another 109 to go

DIRECT LINK TO DONATE FOR THE 3 DAY FOR THE CURE IN BROOKE'S NAME:
https://secure3.convio.net/npt/site/Donation2?idb=995953252&df_id=2285&FR_ID=1467&PROXY_ID=1808165&PROXY_TYPE=20&2285.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=ei3m12eec1.app322a

DIRECT LINK TO APRIL DIETZ PHOTOGRAPHY, BECOME HER FAN! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Spring-Hill-TN/April-Dietz-Photography/178625394000?ref=mf

DIRECT LINK TO VOTE FOR MADDIE LYNN [TYPE VOTE IN COMMENT UNDER HER PHOTO PLEASE]:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3922830&id=178625394000&fbid=392965219000

1 comment: